On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:02:00PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> >I'd like to use the paladino font from urw as my body font (Its the one
> >used in the MetaFUN manual).  I tried setting:
> >
> >\setupbodyfont[pos,12pt]
> >
> >but it does not work.  What is the name that I should use?
> >

> [ppl,12pt]
>
> may work, but nowadays we say:
>
> \usentypescript[palatino][\defaultencoding]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]

It should be noted (with apologies if this is too obvious) that while
ConTeXt attempts to provide a simple, high-level font handling
interface--and does a very good job, all things considered--it can't do
magic. Either of the above techniques depends on font names that are
defined outside of ConTeXt--by the underlying TeX distribution, by you,
the user, or by a local administrator. So if neither of Hans' solutions
works, you will just have to dig into your TeX font directory (e.g.
/usr/local/share/texmf/fonts if you are on Linux--don't know for
Windows) and find out the exact file names.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]           its fields;
                            Horses bear soldiers through
                                its streets.

                            --Lao Tzu (Peter Merel, trans.)