Sytse Knypstra wrote:

At 8/30/2004 10:50, you wrote:

Is there a "simple" way to get bold (, |, *, and ) in math?
        nikolai

I don't know how to get them in the standard cmr fonts, but I have the lucida fonts installed and realised these bold characters as follows:

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono] [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans] [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math,bfmath] [lucida] [default] [encoding=texnansi]
\setupformulas [method=bold]
\usetypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
\switchtotypeface [lucida] [12pt]
\switchtobodyfont[mainface]
\usemathcollection[lbr]
\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\stoptext

there is also a magazine about it (see show-mag.pdf at www page)