Hello,

[...]

> 1.) WIKI

[...]

> 1.2.) http://www.mayer.dial.pipex.com/latexrender.zip
> is an example of a tool which (as long as I have seen and understood it
> correctly) does nothing else but wrapping a (LaTeX) code, executing it
> and cropping the relevant part into PNG image. There are already modules
> for PHPBB and wiki. I guess it wouldn't take so much additional effort
> to enable some excelent feature to both the ConTeXt and texshow wiki:
> * rendering image as an example of the effect of the code written there
>
> For example, if someone would write:
>     [context]
>     a couple of lines of context code
>     [/context]

This is now possible. So you can (for example) write

<context>
\setupcolors [state=start]
\framed [background=color,
         backgroundcolor=green,
         offset=1cm ]{hello world!}
</context>

and guess what happens: it will display a black frame with green
content and "hello world!" centered in it.

I have not looked closely at latexrenderer though.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net
texshow-web:  http://texshow.contextgarden.net