Hello Hans and Ulrich,

[...]

>>ÂWoran arbeiten Sie? wurde Herr K. gefragt. Herr K. antwortete:
>>ÂIch habe viel MÃhe, ich bereite meinen nÃchsten Irrtum vor. (B.
>>Brecht) âAber Hallo!â \quotation{all right \quote{there} we go}
>>\stoptext

> hm, what do other german users experience/think?

I experience the same, but I have no idea why the struts are necessary
around \quotation and \quote. When the user needs them he should
insert them hiself. Especially if it is not documented (is it?).

Patrick

PS: Ulrich, extremely nice Chess books that you have made (seen from
your samples)
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net
texshow-web:  http://texshow.contextgarden.net