Thomas A.Schmitz schrieb:
OK, I tried several things to fix the error "Undefined control sequence. <argument> \c!gebied," but it persists. I wiped out my entire texmf.local tree and started from scratch because I thought the c!gebied was residing in some older file that ha dnot been overwritten. But even starting from scratch wouldn't amend the situation; after regenerating the format, I get the same error. However, grepping for "c!gebied" in the newly created tree gives only this result:

grep -r 'c!gebied' ./*
./tex/context/base/cont-sys.ori:% \setupexternalfigures [\c!gebied={e:/fig/eps,t:/mine/figs}]
./tex/context/user/cont-sys.rme:% \setupexternalfigures [\c!gebied={e:/fig/eps,t:/mine/figs}]

I had the same problem. There where two texexec.pl, one in perltk (the old place) and one in scripts/context/perl In the new texexec.pl the command is \c!directory. The Solution was to delete the perlscripts in the directory perltk.

Hope this helps.

Lutz

So this shouldn't be the problem since these two lines in cont-sys.rme are commented out. Does anybody have an idea where the error is coming from? There must be some old config file re-introducing it into the format file, but I can't seem to find it.

Baffled

Thomas