Thanks -- while it looks really nice, I do need diagonal arrows.

However, after some experimenting, I catually managed to get DCpic to work. It is just a plain TeX file,
I was only scared by the .sty name.

If somebody else runs into the same problem, here is a short example, for reference. You will need dcpic.sty in your path first. Then
one can create diagrams as follows:

\usemodule[pictexwd]
\input dcpic.sty

\starttext