On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:06:10 +0200
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Piotr Kopszak) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know it's a bad habit to use stretched text, but apparently
> formerly people thought differently. I am typesetting old quotations
> and would not want to replace stretched text simply by emphasized. Is
> it absolutely discouraged in ConTeXt or is there any way to have
> it... (in spite of its ugliness).

It's still recommended in certain cases, for example in all capital or
small cap titles. Sometimes I do it and sometimes not.

You can do it in Context. See:

http://home.salamander.com/~wmcclain/context-help.html#typography-letterspacing

You might have to look into the sources to find other options.

-Bill
--
Sattre Press                                    In the Quarter
http://sattre-press.com/                 by Robert W. Chambers