Christopher Creutzig wrote:

Adam Lindsay wrote:

I ran into more problems with image inclusion, which takes the form of:
\XeTeXpicfile "filename" xscaled something yscaled something

My hack for that one currently includes a temporary assignment of the
catcode for ". Yuck. I imagine that's not going to work for handling
wider-ranged things for fonts in MP.

 I hope this is not a dumb question, but what about

\begingoup
  \catcode`\"=whatever
  \def\x{\endgroup\def\xetex!quot{"}}%
\x

and then later

in supp-ini i've added:

.catcode `." 12 .xdef .letterdoublequote     B.string"E
.catcode `.' 12 .xdef .lettersinglequote     B.string'E

or for the moment in moment in cont-new.tex:

\catcode `\" 12 \xdef \letterdoublequote     {\string"}
\catcode `\' 12 \xdef \lettersinglequote     {\string'}

there is nothing xetex! about that quote and this fits in the naming scheme

\expanded{\XeTeXpicfile \xetex!quot filename\xetex!quot\space
   xscaled ...}