* Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Nov 01, 2004 13:55]:
> > Exactly what do I need to do after running setuptex, mktexlsr, and
> > texexec --make --alone?  PATH needs permanent updating for sure, but
> > what else?  texexec won't work (kpsewhich won't work) unless
> > setuptex is sourced before I try running it in a fresh shell.  What
> > am I missing in my setup?

> you can add the call to setuptex to your local profile

> . /path-to/setuptex /path-to

Sure, but what variables are actually necessary to export and, more
interestingly, why are they needed in the environment at all?  When
running from tetex everything works fine.  I'm guessing this is mostly
due to differences between stuff in tetex 2.0.2 and more recent releases
of software, but I still can't see why it would be necessary to fill the
environment with some 10-20 variables.
        nikolai (the environmentalist)

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::