Le 2 nov. 04, à 23:22, David Munger a écrit :

Nothing seems to work here. I'm afraid the problem is indeed that
Acrobat Reader under Linux is not really JavaScript aware...

Would it be possible to implement the steps commands such that steps
span over multiple slides instead of being managed by JavaScript?

David

I aggree with David that having the ConTeXt presentation feature without needed javascript would realy be great.

Pdf is a standard, but not javascript.
It's realy nice to come to a seminar only with a pdf file without worrying about which pdf reader tool exists on the host computer.

- Even with acroread 6.02 on osx there is some problem with some button
(I don't remember which problem, but I just remember it's not reliable);
- Also Preview, the fastest pdf reader on osx (provide by Apple, then
the it is standard pdf reader on osx) don't support javascript;
- linux doesn't have pdf+javascript reader.

So I think that ConTeXt should provide a mean (option in textexec)
to make pdf-only version of presentation.

Finaly there could be three output levels for pdf presentation :

1 - presentation step using javascript (with allow blinking, merging,
    zooming or other nice flashing features ;-)

2 - presentation step without javascript (one pdf page by step)
    => Good format for presentation by foreign pdf reader

3 - pdf file one pdf page for each final step by page
    => Good format for printing 2up or 4up slides
    This third output would also allow to print a "slide + comment"
    version of the presentation for the speacker.

The option of texexec could be something like
        --pdfonly
instead of --pdf, or simply
        --use-javascript=false

Maurice,