On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 09:14:49AM -0500, John Culleton wrote:
> There appear to be two programs dealing with conversion of XML Docbook
> documents to Context, "Docbook in Context" and XSLT.  the former has not
> been updated recently and the latter has documentation dating to 2001. I
> have a potential customer who is XML conversant and wants me to set up his
> document. He will provide it in Docbook format apparently. He has not
> written it yet.
>
> My question: Are either of the existing tools stable, reliable and complete
> enough for me to take on this task?  Which is recommended for a one-time
> project? What do I need from my customer in addition to the base file of
> the document?
>
> I have no interest in becoming an XML guru---I just want to bid on this job
> if that makes sense or give the customer a no-bid if I am about to step in
> a swamp.
>
> --
> John Culleton

If you are willing to consider LaTeX, have a look at db2latex
(http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/), which uses xslt stylesheets
for conversion. This project appears to be very much alive. See
also http://www.dpawson.co.uk/docbook/tools.html

I don't have personal experience with this.

--
Siep Kroonenberg