Maurice Diamantini wrote:

So, I propose that besides the standard upgrade cont-tmf.zip for context,
Pragma propose à **independant** "context" distribution which :
1 - ***doesn't use*** the standard kpath environment variables

This is the main item, because this requirement implies using non-standard executables. I agree with you that such a distribution would be a great thing to have, but unless some people are actually willing to invest (a fairly large amount of time) in it, it is simply not going to happen.

I have started a project last spring, whose goal is to deliver almost precisely a "standalone, fast and idiot-proof distribution of ConTeXt", but it has been a one person affair so far, and I do not have unlimited time to spend on it. Anyway, have a look at

        http://www.metatex.org

Greetings, Taco