Hello Dirar,

> This is an example:

[this is what I mean with complete, but minimal example. The itemize
environment has nothing to do with the problem]

\definedescription [definition]
\starttext
\definition{HMV} blablabla
\definition{TTV} blablabla
% uncomment this to see the error
% \definition{QTV} blablabla
\stoptext

> l.360 \stopitemize

[this is the line number]

> I can now compile but the doc does talk about this!

I guess you meant to write "does not". If you do, than please have a
look at 10.2 again. All examples have a \par at the end (at least at a
quick glance). And an empty line as you had in your second description
is equivalent to \par. The description in texshow-web (and alike) is
incorrect. (<http://texshow.contextgarden.net/cmd=description>)

> Question: Do we have to put a \par.

Yes.

> It is really bizarre that it solves the problem, cause my items are
> defined far away in my document from the definitions.

What I think is more bizarre, that the problem did not already occur
with two \definition{...}.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net