Hello Patrick,

thank you very much!
Hopely I understand right, that the command

\setuptolerance[verytolerant,stretch]
( or \setuptolerance[horizontal,verytolerant,stretch] )

will result to
\tolerance 4500\emergencystretch\bodyfontsize

:-)

Richard

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
Hello Richard,

could somebody explain me the usage of the \setuptolerance command and
its particular parameters?

I have put an explanation on texshow-web:
http://texshow.contextgarden.net

The main ConTeXt manual (cont-eni.pdf, pages 87-88) only mentions that
it is used [horizontal,verystrict] and [vertical,strict] by
default...

I wonder what the vertical form is for (columns?).

On contextgarden.net I've found one example using the following form:

\setuptolerance		[{horizontal, verytolerant},{vertical, verystrict}]

This looks incorrect to me. See my comment on texshow-web.

Patrick