Michal Kvasnicka wrote:

I apologize that I have recently sent message to this list only when I've got some problems. Nontheless I need to keep this tradition. :-( I tried to install the newest ConTeXt over the TexLive 9/2003. All was perfect except the Czech interface. I've got a strange error. What should I do to improve it?

My system is this:
* SuSE Linux 9.1
* TeX Live + CTAN 9/2003
* pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.11a-2.1 (Web2C 7.5.2)
* ConTeXt  ver: 2004.12.06  fmt: 2005.1.11  int: english  mes: english
(/usr/TeX/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/skhyph.tex
(/usr/TeX/texmf/tex/csplain/t1code.tex Font encoding set to Cork.)

first of all, fetch a context zip from our website

(or grab the minimal context distribution for linux, you can use that one alongside other trees if needed)

The \^, \`, \', \v, \" and \r expands to characters by Cork.
(/usr/TeX/texmf/tex/csplain/skhyphen.tex
! Duplicate pattern.
l.29 a1

I am quite desperate so I will be thankfull for any hint.

the integration of czech/slovak patterns in tex live is a mess, and among the reasons for problems you will find:

- files not in the right places (generic hyphen paths)
- using non standard names (*hyphen where oithers use *hyph)
- combined with a latex depency (in the *hyph ones)

in spite of what you may think, tex distributions are not upward compatible, and fonts and patterns are among the troublemakers.

In your case: locate [cont-usr or so] where context tries to load czhyph and replace that by czhyphen; same for sk* (so, contrary to other languages, czech/slovak had the pattersn in the *hyphen files); in your current setup something "t1code.tex" is loaded and i don't even want to think about what interference can come from that -)