Hi Hans,

after a lot of experiments I could generate a PDF document where the built-in Helvetica font is used. Yet, there are some open questions:

1. The \loadmapfile makro seems not to work. I tried lots of variants. Only direct use of the pdfTex makro \pdfmapfile was successful.

2. In the praeambel I specify the enconding to be "ec". Yet, in the map file I had to define a mapping for an 8r encoded font!

3. Texexec shows some warnings during the run. Maybe they are related to the second question. The warnings are:

Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-courier.map): cannot open font map file

Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-helvetica.map): cannot open font map file

Warning: pdfetex (file ec-urw-times.map): cannot open font map file

Can you please have a short look on these questions?

Best regards,
--Stefan

Here is my test document:

\enableregime[il1]
\setupoutput[pdftex]
\usetypescript[adobekb][ec]
\usetypescript[postscript][ec]
\setupbodyfont[postscript,sans,12pt]
\mainlanguage[de]
\setupheadertexts[]
\pdfoptionpdfminorversion 4
\starttext
\pdfmapfile{=embed.map}%
This is a test.
\stoptext

And here is the map file embed.map:

%phvb8t Helvetica-Bold "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%phvbo8t Helvetica-BoldOblique "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%phvr8t Helvetica "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%phvro8t Helvetica-Oblique "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc

%uhvb8t Helvetica-Bold "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%uhvbo8t Helvetica-BoldOblique "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%uhvr8t Helvetica "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc
%uhvro8t Helvetica-Oblique "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <ec.enc

phvr8r Helvetica "TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont" <8r.enc