Hans Hagen wrote:

quite ancient ... (we now have pdftex > 1.20)

- remove the debian tex
- install tetex (3 beta)
- if needed update context

or

- fetch the minimal context linux tree from our website

(run setuptex in the root of it to enable that tree)

I'm afraid that I don't understand this! I'm not using Debian TeX, but installed TeXLive Ed.9 (2003) on my Debian (3.0r) based Linux box.

Am I right in saying that an installation of ConTeXt from TeXLive is incomplete? Do I really have to fetch the latest ConTeXt from PRAGMA ADE to get those fonts working? Do I perhaps have to configure ConTeXt more before being able to use those fonts?

Well fetching large files from Internet is very time consuming when using a simple modem, which I do, with an average speed of around 4Kbytes/sec! So this isn't really an option.

Isn't it possible to create the missing tfm files, which ConTeXt uses, from the fonts already present in /usr/TeX/texmf/fonts?

What if I install TeXLive 2004?

Regards,
   Geert

--
Geert C.H.M. Verhaag
St. Jorisstraat 29

Tel.: (+31)-774742493, E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]