Hans Hagen wrote:
Vit Zyka wrote:

Font design is very subjective game, I know. There is my comment:

I have asked Czech TeX users for their opinion yesterday. Now I want to wait a several days for their collecting. After that I will summarize the discussion results and will sent it here and to Jacko.

1) LM has very ugly caron
2) caron is too high at both capitals and minuscules

Isn't that a matter of taste? Think of mixed language usage (not that strange in todays europe), then one wants consistency and this was one of the objectives of the latin modern fonts.

3) ring is lifeless/faint

indeed, let's see what Jacko thinks of it

4) acute is OK; I would prefer vertical position somewhere inbetween LM an CS, but CS are consistent with tight accents (acute and caron)

this is a disputed area, afaik latin modern is following the typographical correct rules (font/language experts were involved in that)

5) \v t: caron is too low (does not look as neither ligature connection nor separate accent

hm, isn't that a matter if viewing and printer resolution?

There has been some discussion with czech users in the previous lm dev stage, so ... do you know of any usage of lm in czech?