Jack M. Lyon wrote:
Dear ConTeXt experts:

I'm trying to create an external list of hyphenation exceptions.

I believe this command is what I need:

\hyphenation{ex-ample}

But I would like to make a whole list of these:

\hyphenation{ex-ample}
\hyphenation{disc-iple}
\hyphenation{woman}

You can save some bytes:

\hyphenation{ex-ample disc-iple woman}

Then, I'd like to keep these in a separate file that I can call from any
ConTeXt document, something like this:

\input{hyphenlist}

When I try this, however (for a file named hyphenlist.text), I get this
error message:

! I can't find file `{hyph}'.
l.88 \input{hyph}

> Sorry, the name of my file, is hyphen.tex, not hyphen.text. Slip of

Looks like very file-name mishmash.

hyphenlist.tex or hyphenlist.text or hyphen.tex or hyphen.text ???

BTW, hyphen.tex is not suitable file-name, since one might already be in the distribution. If our file-name is hyphenlist.tex
(try `kpsewhich hyphenlist.tex`) then both variants should work
\input hyphenlist
\input hyphenlist.tex

vit