Using test.tex and your new m-arabtex.tex, it fail. log and my solution below.

========= test.tex ====================================
\input m-arabtex
\usetypescript[postscript] \switchtotypeface[postscript]

\starttext

\setarab \novocalize

\section{\<mu.hammad>} %short arabic use \< ..>

here is some text in english. here in arabic .\<mu.hammad>. we can mix
them. hurray. we get both of them together. we can see this is fun and
going nowhere.

\startarabic % long arabic
  kAjyn ayn mmr.hAl sAtw prwtwtA'yp awntwq mnjAnkn dwkwmn jAwy dry
  dwkwmn rwmy .

  <hei, I am in english>

  ay mggwnAkn kwnsyp pgatwrcArA'n brAsAskn kwmpwnwn .
 ay mggwnAkn kwnsyp pgatwrcArA'n brAsAskn kwmpwnwn.
\stoparabic

error log;

! Extra \else.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ...\a@@putword \xpa [EMAIL PROTECTED] \else
                                                  \xpa [EMAIL PROTECTED] \fi
<to be read again>

my solution;
comment these lines; (near line 402 ). probably the support for hebrew
broke things.
another possibility is that all these 3 files already loaded by
m-arabtex.tex and reload them break things.

%  \ReadFile{hebtex.sty}
%  \ReadFile{apatch.sty}
%  \ReadFile{hepatch.sty}

and the file compile OK.

I don't knew hebrew, however, I will try to understand the hebrew support.

the character "|" and "~" still produce "illegal command" in
\startarabic...\stoprabic. will try to trace this one.

be happy to write the manual later.

zamri