Adam Lindsay wrote:

This is good stuff. I've tried to advocate a naming convention that would
be appropriate to this. I would suggest calling this texnansi-osfsc.enc,
as baseencoding-variant.enc. This is so a modified encoding can
"masquerade" as the base encoding within ConTeXt.

i'll add the encoding to the distribution (i just made the formatted file with the info sent) [of course users will need to generate the tfm files themselves]

once we have made the switch from map files to inline map code, we can apply different encodings more easily at the typescript level (no more need for map files)

another thing coming is that pdftex will provide primitives to set those encodings independently of other characteristics (hartmut is working on this);