(resent with correct subject line)

On Mar 5, 2005, at 3:51 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Louis F. Springer wrote:
I have a Gerben Wierda TeX and ConTeXt distribution I upgraded yesterday
to the latest versions of everything. I had some additional fonts
installed. I re-installed the fonts using the following commands:

texfont --ve=sun --co=sunserif --ma --in
texfont --ve=sun --co=sunsans --ma --in

and updated the pdftex.cfg file adding the following

map +texnansi-sun-sunsans.map
map +texnansi-sun-sunserif.map

the cfg file is no longer supported by pdftex, use

\pdfmapfile{+texnansi-sun-sunsans.map}

or better:

\loadmapfile[texnansi-sun-sunsans.map]

instead, or make typescripts that do the loading when needed

I checked my typescript, it did include the appropriate appropriate \loadmapfile commands. I've done a paranoia check, copying the
map files to the local directory, no joy. I have also verified from the log file that texexec is loading the typescript.

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex)
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/type-akb.tex)
(./sun-font.tex)
color           : system rgb is global activated

but am getting the following error on my texexec --pdf execution using
the fonts

could you process the file produced by texfont?

OK, that works. I can process the texnansi-sun-sunsans.tex and the texnansi-sun-sunserif.tex files.

I must have something amuck with my typescript. I'll check it out. (BTW, I checked this before and thought it failed, I must have processed an old version of the file produced by texfont.)

I can't see anything obvious in my typescript, maybe I've fouled up on the encoding or something.

Thanks,
Lou