At 16:11 +0100 8/03/05, Mark Smith wrote:
Apart from my reference numbering problem with the bib module, everything was working OK. So, I decided it was time to have a go with "XeConTeXt".

I was following Adam's instructions here:

        <http://contextgarden.net/XeTeX>

Hi,

Actually you don't need anymore to edit the file as stated in contextgarden (as far as I understood, Dalyoung on the XeTeX list is going to put the appropriate procedure on the wiki there).

This is how I did for the update of XeConTeXt:

1) replaced the file syst-xtx.tex in

/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/context/base/

by a new one sent by Hans which contains the lines below this message

2) on a CLI terminal issued the command

sudo texexec --xtx --make --alone en

and obtained the format cont-en.fmt, created in the directory where the abvoe command was issued. This is actually an "XeConTeXt" format and can be used as
before, for instance by saying

texexec --xtx my-file.tex

in the directory where both the file my-file.tex and the new cont-en.fmt just created are present. And everything works fine...

Best regards: OK

%%% the file syst-xtx.tex sent by Hans
%D \module
%D   [       file=syst-xtx,
%D        version=2004.09.11,
%D          title=\CONTEXT\ System Macros,
%D       subtitle=\XETEX\ specifics,
%D         author=Hans Hagen,
%D           date=\currentdate,
%D      copyright={PRAGMA / Hans Hagen \& Ton Otten}]
%C
%C This module is part of the \CONTEXT\ macro||package and is
%C therefore copyrighted by \PRAGMA. See mreadme.pdf for
%C details.

\ifx\XeTeXversion\undefined \endinput \fi

\unprotect

%D For the moment, the only thing needed is to load are the
%D mappings from lower to uppercase characters.

\ifx\scratchread\undefined \newread\scratchread \fi

\immediate\openin\scratchread=unicode-letters.tex \ifeof\scratchread
  \immediate\openin\scratchread=xplain.tex \ifeof\scratchread
    % no initialization file
  \else
    \input xplain.tex
  \fi