Relative paths work fine for me as long as they point to subdirectories.

However, I could never get something like ../figures to work on Mac Os X,
but that might be my ignorance.

Matthias

but I might be wrong
On Mar 11, 2005, at 3:49 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

On 11 Mar 2005, at 18:02, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

Am 10.03.2005 um 10:59 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
What I do not understand is how these components end up in a directory
hierarchy.

What would be very nice is some sort of downloadable archive with some
sample basic project structures.

Reading the stuff above I still have no idea how to build a directory
hierarchy for my project such that it can do all that the project
management part of ConTeXt promises.

Do you *need* different directories? Perhaps it's sufficient to name your components so that you can easily see what belongs where.

AFAIK ConTeXt looks always into the parent directories, but not in parallel/child directories if not explicitly specified. (E.g. you can define a figures path.)

Did you have a look at the wiki: http://contextgarden.net/Project_structure

Certainly I did, and I used the scripts that were linked there. But none of the explanations give examples of directory hierarchy. Take for instance images. I've set up a directory for images. But the only way I can get ConTeXt to find the images is to have an absolute path in the directory

\setupexternalfigures[directory=/Volumes/Data/Users/gerben/Documents/ Prive/book-context/images,
maxwidth=\textwidth]

I have my chapters (components) in book-context and my product file in book-context/products

But I would like some directory structure *without* this absolute path, if only because it does not work when mirrored to my laptop where the home directory is quite somewhere else.