Hi Gerben,

Due to a mistaken handling you roriginal mail I lost it :-(

In that mail in the last part, I believe it was an example \component I saw, that you said \starttext ... \stoptext. You do not need this pair, The handling of starting and stopping is done by the \startproject ... \stopproject commands.

In the product section I saw that you did not use the \startbodymatter ... \stopobodymatter. I think this is important, because in the frontmatter sectionheading handling is different, as is in the backmatter.

here you go with an example I prepared:

\startproject HBBbrev
\enablemode[A-vier]

\environment layout

\product voorpag        %Titlepage for the book
\product beginmat       %Frontmatter: Woord vooraf, Koppermaandag,
                                                %Boekbinderslied
\startbodymatter
\environment lo-3

\product gekart      %Gekartonneerd in drie varianten
\product bdz-rech    %Bandzetter rechte rug
\product technik     %Werkwijzen en technieken
\product appendix    %Appendices:

\stopbodymatter

\product backmat     %Backmatter: Impressum

\nomorefiles
\stopproject

In my case many of the product-files contain a number of \components.

I do hope, that this helps.

Kind regards Willi

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
Hey Gerben,

Now what turns out to solve this? Empty lines before \description and
\stopdescriptions

Things that were defined using \definedescription rely on \par as a
delimiter.

Though I like ConTeXt if I look at certain design aspects, behaviour that
depends on whitespace before a command frightens me.

Just the way it works :-) Nothing to worry about.

Patrick