Vit Zyka wrote:
Adam Lindsay wrote:

Vit Zyka said this at Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:34:13 +0100:

The question is how to elegantly switch from standard (st2) tfm to extended (st3) tfm when the glyph is not present in st2 - with preserving \rm, \bf, \it, \bi.

basically, you declare a variant set for a (Serif/Sans/Mono) family:
\definefontvariant [Serif] [exp] [-Expert] % [fam] [call abbrev] [synonym suffix]

Hallo,

thanks to Adam, it was easy to implement font variants. A little bit more work was with all Storm glyph deffinition in two (+one) encodings. Before I will do the support for the rest of my Storm font families I want to ask audience (and especially Hans, Adam) to have a look into the files (http://typokvitek.com/tmp/context-storm.zip). Example in http://typokvitek.com/tmp/test-sdynamo.pdf (generaly interesting for all \show... font related command usage). Recommendation for the package improvements are welcomed.

There are:
  enco-st1.tex - ec encoding with storm glyph extension
  enco-st2.tex - xl2 encoding with storm glyph extension
  enco-st3.tex - variants (additional glyph) for enco-st1 and enco-st2
  type-sdynamo.tex - typescripts for Storm Dynamo font family
  math-sto.tex - simple mathematics present in Storm fonts (in progress)
  test-sdynamo.tex - test file
  test-storm.tex - support for tests

Questions:

? During encoding deffinition I found some chracter name mess. I solved it by synonyms:
E.g. \definecharacter textdag {\dagger}
\definecharacter paragraphmark {\paragraph}
\definecharacter textellipsis {\ellipsis}
\definecharacter textminus {\minus}
\definecharacter ostroke {\oslash}
\definecharacter textdollar {\dollar}
Is there some context convention for character names?

? I have a problem to define mathematics chars. I did:
\starttypescript [math] [dynamoRE] [st1]
\definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Letters] [sdgr8te] [encoding=st1]
\definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Letters-Italic] [sdgri8te] [encoding=st1]
\definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Symbols] [sdgr8te]
% \definefontsynonym [DynamoRE-Math-Extension] []
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [math] [dynamoRE] [name]
  \definefontsynonym [MathRoman]     [DynamoRE-Math-Letters]
  \definefontsynonym [MathItalic]    [DynamoRE-Math-Letters-Italic]
  \definefontsynonym [MathSymbol]    [DynamoRE-Math-Symbols]
  \definefontsynonym [MathExtension] [ComputerModernMath-Extension]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [DynamoRE] [st1,st2]
\definetypeface [DynamoRE] [ss] [sans] [dynamoRE] [default] [encoding=\typescripttwo]
\definetypeface [DynamoRE] [mm] [math] [dynamoRE] [default] [encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

\startmathcollection[storm]
  \definemathcharacter [+] [bin] [sy] ["2B]
  \definemathcharacter [=] [rel] [sy] ["3B]
\stopmathcollection

\enablemathcollection[storm]

$1+1=2$

But I get error: !Math formula deleted: Insufficient symbol fonts.
Where is the problem?

? - \starttypescript [*] [fallback] is generaly useful. Is a good idea to move it from large type-buy.tex somewhere else?

? Storm fonts have different accent shapes for lover/upper case letters. Is there some mechanism to distinguish this making the composits?

Thank you
Vit