I do not know much about the font installation process, but I did
notice that your TeXFont banner indicates that you use a really old version. My TeXFont says:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] TED]$ texfont --help

  TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

--fontroot=path : texmf destination font root (default:/opt/tex/texmf.local)

so perhaps that is what is causing your problems?

Greetings, Taco

ishamid wrote:
[I know that all of us and Hans in particular is quite busy but if anyone can give me some guidance on this, before I get into trouble with my editor...]

Dear consortium,

I'm having trouble preparing times new roman for ConTeXt. I'm trying to follow
the instructions in mag-0009.pdf, but TeXfont does not want to behave:-(