I tried Hans' approach. It works fine, but
somehow the pdf file with the 2*2 pages
is corrupted since it does not print well, mostly
garbage.
It looks good on screen though.
I printed one page of the original pdf
and it is fine. So the problem happens in
the imposition step.
any suggestion?
thank you
ciro

--- Hans Hagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> luigi.scarso wrote:
> > Sorry ciro, but i like write tex code.
> >
> >    1. save following code as test.tex
>
> in page-imp are some additional inclusion macros -)
>
> > \centerline{%
> > \externalfigure[test][page=1]
> > \externalfigure[test][page=3]
> > \externalfigure[test][page=5]
> > \externalfigure[test][page=7]
> > \externalfigure[test][page=9]
> > \externalfigure[test][page=11]
> > }
>
> shorter
>
> \centerline
>    {\dostepwiserecurse{1}{11}{2}

{\expanded{\externalfigure[test][page=\recurselevel]}}}