David Wooten wrote:
Greetings all,

Taco mentioned the command \uppercased{to get all uppercase letters}, and it works just fine…until I try to use my self-installed fonts. The quirks come up with diacritics, and this leads me to believe that there is an [encoding] or [regime]/ /issue here, as I had similar issues

Yes, \uccode and \lccode are encoding-dependent and are defined in enco-*.tex files. So, look into the encoding file you are using and add the their definition between
\startmapping[st1]
\definecasemap 152 184 152
\stopmapping
with meaning: character 152 has lower counterpart 184 and upper one 152 (152 is uppercase letter).

(or for continuous sequence there is abbreviation
  \definecasemaps 160 to 188 lc +32 uc 0
 with meaning:
  \definecasemap 160 182 160
  \definecasemap 161 183 161