>===== Original Message From Vit Zyka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> =====
>ishamid wrote:
>> Dear gang,
>>
>> Why does lmr in ConTeXt use the ec instead of the texnansi encoding? I just
>> noticed that all of my macros that use, e.g.,
>>
>> \char'25
>
>lmr is defined for both ec and texnansi encodings (and even for qx). But
>ec is default. Use
>   \usetypescript[latin-modern][texnansi]
>   \setupbodyfont[latin-modern]

Ok; it just seems strange that texnansi is not the default, since that's
closer to Knuth's original. Maybe its because I (like Knuth) am in America
where we don't have accents-)

>Ishamid, \char is wrong approach since it is encoding-dependent
>definition. Use glyph name instead, like \endash, \Aacute.

Are those names defined in Plain TeX? But that's a good idea anyway; I'll just
depend on the ConTeXt framework.

>But ... your glyph number 25 is not defined in the texnansi. So what it is?

TeXBook, page 427, character '025
(in ec, \char'10 or \textbreve)

Best and Thnx!
Idris