users <ntg-context@ntg.nl> =====
>Thanks Thomas for the manual. I have already printed it, and cannot wait
>to give it a try.

Which manual??

>In the mean time I welcome any other concrete tips for installing a new
>font, step by step that is.

Someone on this list did this a couple of years ago or more; does anyone
remember the link to that?

If you recall the earlier postings: my idea
>would be to start with a new font consisting of only one pfb file.

Try the Garamond experiment, then analyze type-ugm in light of the fonts
manual.

<snip>

>In the end my ideal would be a context which typesets Arabic, Russian
>and Turkish, plus transcription according to a code I developed myself.

For transcription, you can use aleph. By the end of this year or sooner there
should be a new advanced Arabic-script package. Hopefully, one day aleph will
be integrated into pdfetex (long term) or at least the aleph-dvipdfmx combo
will have all of ConTeXt's capabilities (short term).

Best
Idris