On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:22:31 +0100, Adam Lindsay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Idris Samawi Hamid said this at Sat, 9 Apr 2005 16:30:35 -0600:

Could you tell me where the default mapping of OldStyle to MathItalic is
documented/implemented in the sources? Maybe I could make a similar
mechanism
for my normal-expert dyad.

font-ini for os > OldStyle type-syn for OldStyle > MathItalic in most cases.

Thnx; I'll take a look. I want to understand the entire chain from

texnansi-os-public-lm.map

==>

texnansi-os-lm.enc

==>

cmmi instead of lmr

I think I understand the first two links, just need to track down the last one now...

But I would recommend looking at font variants. The "palatino bonus" at
the end of type-syn is a brief example, and the wiki has some stuff about
Font Variants as well.

ok

But wait, where are you coming from? Are your source fonts really Minion
.pfbs, or are they from OpenType? With OpenType, you can use some nice
TeXFont stuff to select the features (OSF, SC, alternates) without having
to draw from two arbitrary encodings.

Right now I am using some pfb's. Following your advice here

http://semantics-online.org/geek/2003/09/how_to_install_adobe_garamond_for_latex

I ordered the Adobe classics pack and should soon have the open type versions as well (except for Poetica:-<).

Thnx and good night:-)
Idris
--
Professor Idris Samawi Hamid