Gary wrote:
Patrick Gundlach wrote:

I am currently working in a Windows (XP) environment but if it makes
a difference and Linux is more suitable for a Tex environment I move
to a Unix based one then. Thanks for the reply.

No problem, there are several windows users on this list. But I don't
know which distribution is currently preferred. MikTeX?

I can't speak for any other distribution, but MikTeX is practically mindlessly easy to install and maintain. And it seems to work.

http://www.miktex.org/ You should be able to produce ConTeXt documents
out of the box when installed properly.

Hope this helps,

Patrick

I would definitely not recommend MikTeX. Sooner or later, if your projects are growing, you run into the error:
! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [hash size=35000].
and MikTeX does not provide a way to increase hash size.
See the discussion on
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20031205.084314.a5019886.html

Sytse