From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Hans Hagen
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:31 AM
To: mailing list for ConTeXt users
Subject: Re: [NTG-context] footnote placement

Gerben Wierda wrote:
> I have been trying to do this for a test with larger notes, but this
fails:

> \starttext
> \startbuffer[tufte]
> \input tufte
> \stopbuffer
> \startbuffer[knuth]
> \input knuth
> \stopbuffer
> \dorecurse{100}{test \footnote{\typebuffer[knuth]}
\endnote{eee}\endgraf}

> \page
>
> \placenotes[endnote]

\setupnote[endnote][location=none]

\starttext

\dorecurse{100}{test \endnote{eee}\endgraf}

\page

\placenotes[endnote]

\stoptext

i'll make location=none the defautl for endnotes; (other alternatives will
snap
and add backgrounds and such which is one reason for the notes not
breaking