On 4/13/05, Albrecht Kauffmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Albrecht Kauffmann wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've tried to typeset in Russian with utf-8 fonts, like explained at
> > contextgarden.net/Russian. cm-super-fonts are installed, included tfm-,
> > enc- and map-files. Running the example
> >
> > \enableregime[utf]
> > \useencoding[cyr]
> >
> > \definetypeface [russian]
> >   [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]
> >
> > \setupbodyfont[russian]
> > \starttext
> > ???? ? ???? % Some Russian characters
> > \stoptext
> >
> > I got error messages (see the attached logfile): the font larm1000 was not
> > found.
> >
> > Have I to edit some lines in type-map.tex? Or what could be wrong?
>
> If I add to type-map.tex:
> \starttypescript [map] [computer-modern] [t2a]
>    \loadmapfile[cm-super-t2a.map]
> \stoptypescript
>
> I get russian fonts, but these are not the right ones.
>
> I would be very glad, if anyone could help me to solve the problem.
>
> Thanks
> Albrecht

Hello Albrecht,

Are you sure that you have saved your file in the utf-8 encoding and
not in koi8r or something? The problem of getting the wrong characters
can come from that. Moreover, the example:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\enableregime[utf]
\useencoding[cyr]

\definetypeface [russian]
  [rm] [serif] [computer-modern] [default] [encoding=t2a]

\setupbodyfont[russian]
\starttext
Мама и Папа % Some Russian characters
\stoptext

from the wiki page works here. (Ok, since I wrote the page it would be
kind of weird if it did not). Have you generated the tmf files?

Have anyone else tried if it works for them?

Regards, Micke P