On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:33:18PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> concerning the beta, i hope that engine path support is now better in
> texexec; there is also a new version of pstopdf (for the moment called
> newpdftops); when inkscape is installed (v 0.41) you mag give svg to pdf
>   a try

Is inkscape the beast that gave you so much trouble with the glib
library? I know I tried to install it and gave up after I couldn't
install glib.

Why did you choose inskscape? I thought inkscape is supposed to be a
great gui svg-editor, but I wonder if you need all of its power just
to do a conversion. I use batik for my conversions, which is part of
the apache project. Of course, it is written in java, which raises
other problems.

Anyway, it is promising that ConTeXt it going to incorporate svg.

Paul