On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 at 10:49:00-0600, Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:23:47 +0200, Eckhart Guthöhrlein
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >is there a way to set up oldstyle figures as the default? I have found
> >some stuff searching the archive, but it doesn't really help me to get
> >along.

> \starttext
>
> \usetypescript [modern][\defaultencoding]
> \usetypescript [map]   [latin-modern-os] [\defaultencoding]
>
> \setupbodyfont[modern] test 1234 test
>
> \stoptext
>
> And I'm working on a ConTeXt magazine where I show how to do this.

Thanks Idris, it works (if you put the \usetypscript commands before
\starttext). Here comes the followup question: How to make it work with
the \digits command?
\digits{1234567890} gives ordinary figures. I guess this is because of
an implicit switch to math mode. So, how to tell \digits to use oldstyle
figures, and/or how to make them the math mode default?

--
Eckhart