Luigi wrote:

> \SetTableToWidth{10cm} \starttable[|c|c|c|]...\stoptable set width to
> 10 cm, but if I  don't care about cell I can have an overfull box.
>
> So the problem seem to be "Can I set the total width of a TABLE using
> a macros like \setupTABLE[tablewidth=10cm] ?"
>
> To solve this problem, I usually set every cell width using
> \setupTABLE[x][n][width=..];
>

> But with \setupTABLE[tablewidth=...] I will  avoid to specify every
> single cell width, and the TABLE will find the right dimensions.
>
> I will look into core-ntb.tex.
>
> luigi

If you want your TABLE to find natural column widths to fit the content,
use [option=stretch] on the \bTABLE command. (NB it doesn't work as an
option to \setupTABLE, only on the actual \bTABLE.)

Then, assuming you don't need splitting over pages, you can set your
TABLE inside a vbox to define its width. (If you do need splitting, try
putting the TABLE into a textbackground - with no background color set
unless you want it - and set the width and/or margins of that?)

Hope that helps.

Duncan