Am 11.05.2005 um 01:52 schrieb CB:
Since posting I've thought a bit more about why I wanted RTF, and realised it wouldn't do what I wanted anyway. The 'inter-operation with Word users' I was referring to is primarily this: it's common amongst academics I know here in Australia to use some of the collaboration features of Word (marginal comments and revision control, particularly). RTF wouldn't actually help with those anyway. So there's really no way around this without using Word, which I will only do at gunpoint.

If you and your collaborators have Acrobat (full) or Jaws PDF Editor you could at least use the comment features of PDF and perhaps the workflow possibilities of Acrobat 6+.