Dear list members,

I made the following observation and I am wondering whether that is to be expected:

After, with the help of this list, I found out how to insert greek strings, I adjusted the .tex file accordingly. But because I used an automatic replacement procedure (in emacs), one of the many replacements turned out "\Greek" instead of "\greek". texexec complained, but I didn't spot the mistake immediately and pressed return. In the resulting pdf file I found the following unrelated errors:
1. One "\inmargin" figure appeared as if the command was "\inothermargin"
2. One "\inothermargin" word appeard "\inmargin"
3. All the references to figures and tables went unrecognised ("??").

After I changed \Greek to \greek, all these errors disappeared.

This seems to be the same problem I had earlier, when I used \inmarge instead of \inmargin and my newer setups didn't recognise it: all the references were gone, and reappeared when the mistake was corrected.

Cheers, Jörg.