Alexandra Ribeiro wrote:

Hi,

I need some advices/guidelines before start writing my PhD thesis.

I'm completely new to TeX and of course to Context but I'm convinced that
Microsoft Word is far away from being the right tool for writing a long
document. Well, in the past I had some big big headaches.
Here some useful pdfs :

  1. mp-cb-en.pdf:  a first guide to commands;
  2. cont-enp.pdf:   The manual;
  3. metafun-p.pdf: a beautiful book on graphics.

   * mtexexec.pdf:  explain at least how to make pdf from your tex
     document;
   * mtexfont.pdf:   how to install new fonts;
   * mtexutil.pdf:    sometimes I need it to make some works.

You can find them starting from
http://mirror.contextgarden.net/document-1.htm

luigi