hi wolfgang and all,

I did configured the pstoedit as you said and
generated new metafun.mem.
Compilation of makempy complains of

process aborted : invalid 'texexec --batch -- once
--interface=en --pdf' run

I did check pdftops as per requirement of mmakempy.pdf
manual. pdftops.exe is not available in miktex/bin/.

what does the error message point at. do I have to to
install pdftops.exe. or configure from somewhere else.
gsview 4.7 does not provide pdftops but pdftotxt3.exe

I am attaching the makeMPY generated file.

thanks all

%----------------------------------

 MakeMPY 1.1 - MetaFun / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

       processing file : MP-mpgraph.mpo
            tex format : context
       requested texts : 1
            generating : pdf file
    processing aborted : invalid `texexec --batch
--once --interface=en --pdf' run
  second MP run needed : text graphics found
              metapost : MP-mpgraph
                format : metafun

        total run time : 1 seconds
[MP to PDF] (./MP-mpgraph.1)
[1.1{original-empty.map}{original-base.map}{ec-pub
lic-lm.map}{ec-base.map}{original-ams-base.map}{original-public-lm.map}]
systems         : end file MP at line 10

){ec-lm.enc}<f:\texmf\fonts\type1\public\lm\lmr12.pfb>
Output written on MP.pdf (1 page, 5654 bytes).
Transcript written on MP.log.

           return code : 0
              run time : 3 seconds
  sorting and checking : running texutil