On 4 juil. 2005, at 9:54, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
Hello David,

I am new to ConTeXt, as my question is about to reveal.

This questions can also come from more experienced users :)

Which set of instructions should I follow, in order to allow use of
Palatino or Times, on Mac OS X, Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution, latest
ConTeXt installed?

OK, do you have LaTeX working? Then you can use the standard
postscript fonts for ConTeXt as well. Have a look at the (yet
unfinished page)

http://contextgarden.net/Psnfss

Patrick
--

Hi Patrick, David and Adam,

It is right that handling fonts is extremely disappointing and instable...
For instance, what used to work does not work anymore properly with the new version of ConTeXt I installed two weeks ago...
For instance:

\usetypescript [adobekb][\defaultencoding]
\setupbodyfont[postscript]
\usetypescript[times][\defaultencoding] %or helvetica, or palatino
\setupbodyfont[times,12pt]

used to work fine, but now it results in ConTeXt creating, the first time, a whole bunch of things regarding fonts, and then the resulting PDF contains some ugly jagging bitmap-looking characters (interestingly this happens only to the text characters, not to the math characters...).

Adding \usetypescript[postscript] does not help neither.

I wanted to answer David's question on Saturday but when I tried my examples, I was dispappointed and did not answer.

Best regards: OK
PS: When I added two samples of the PDF files to my previous post, it was blocked due to the fact that the message was over 40 Kb. So I am posting again without the attachments.