Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Taco's solution already solved my problem, but I believe it would be
nice to add some \processenumeratedlist (well, some better name should
be given!) command to ConTeXt one day. That way it would be possible
to process some commands like
    \filterpages[file.pdf][1,3,5]
also with
    \filterpages[file.pdf][1-3,5,7-11]

ah, you stopped rading page-imp.tex too early, there's also:

\def\dowithrange#1#2% #2 takes number
  {\beforesplitstring#1\at:\to\fromrange
   \aftersplitstring #1\at:\to\torange
   \ifx\torange\empty\let\torange\fromrange\fi
   \dostepwiserecurse\fromrange\torange1{#2{\recurselevel}}}

but we can indeed make a nicer looking one