On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 09:17 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> there some sanitizing mechanism, but i'm not sure if you wan that here; Why
> do
> you use the hard coded \char's? If you use the named access mechanisms they
> are
> normally handled ok in bookmarks

Mostly because I wasn't aware they existed. Your suggestion mostly
works. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with the braces. I'm doing
automated document generation, and I've had problems with stray spaces
finding their way into the document, so I've taken to always using
{\letterbar} or \letterunderscore{}. I suppose I might be able to solve
the problem instead with some creative post-processing, but it'd be
kinda tricky. Any simple solutions?

=====
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\starttext
\placebookmarks[chapter,section]
\chapter{test{\letterunderscore}chapter}
The underscore character needs to be escaped in certain situations.
\chapter{start\letterbar{}stop}
So does the pipe symbol.
\chapter{foo}
\section{bar}
How can I avoid literals escape strings in bookmarks?
\stoptext
=====

--
Stuart Jansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>