Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Tu sum it up:
- the adapted plain TeX trick with boxes doesn't place any content, but only works for plain text (not useful) - \startproperty[mysecret] hides the content (works satisfactory in that view), but only works on Adebe Acrobat, not even in the Wiki - \startproperty[hidden] works on more browsers, but has the same effect as making fonts transparent: it doesn't influence any rules, figures, ... only fonts.

For those complaining that hiding doesn't work on other PDF viewers: Adobe also gives up (one of those nice "undocummented features", one could also call them bugs) if I try to save the resulting file as TXT. I just wanted to check if the hidden content will be saved, but I didn't manage to save anything anyway.

i've added printable support (was already there but no key available)

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\defineproperty [mojca] [layer] [state=stop]

\starttext

\input ward

\startproperty[mojca]I hate hacking TeX!\stopproperty

\input davis

\button{Show   Mojca's Secret}[VideLayer{mojca}]
\button{Hide   Mojca's Secret}[HideLayer{mojca}]
\button{Toggle Mojca's Secret}[ToggleLayer{mojca}]

\stoptext

the bad news is is that acrobat does not handle it (my guess is that such features don't work becausethey have no way of testing it)