On Monday 11 July 2005 09:34 pm, Stuart Jansen wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 17:12 +0000, John R. Culleton wrote:
> > I am trying to set up chapter heads a certain way and my code
> > keeps getting uglier. Here are the specs:
> >
> > 1. Chapter number centered, with decorations on either side.
> > 2. Chapter title centered below chapter number.
> > 3. Additional decoration centered below chapter title.
> > 4. Both number and text show up in TOC in normal Context manner.
> >
> > Can this be done easily using the normal chapter macro or should
> > I do it all from scratch? (If I roll my own I worry about getting
> > info to the TOC.)
>
> I am doing something like that now. Sorry the example isn't very pretty,
> had to rip out parts that were specific to the font I'm using, but
> should give you an idea of what you need to do.
>
> =====
Your example was very helpful. Using it, and with some more
RTFM, I came up with this configuration:

\setuphead[chapter][numbercommand=\numcommand,page=right,
header=none,textcommand=\texcommand,align=right]

\def\numcommand#1{\hfil\webo m\hfil\tfd#1\hfil\webo m\hfil\break}

\def\texcommand#1{\hfil #1 \hfil\crlf\deco}

My problem remains with the horizontal alignment of the chapter
text. I have tried left, right, normal, broad. All I want to do
is center it, per my specification 2 above.

Webo is the webomints dingbat font.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: