Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

Mojca,

thanks again, that's a useful trick! However, there is a command \interactionbar which seems to provide this functionality, and there is \setupinteractionbar, but the commands are somewhat underdocumented :-) At least, I don't get any visible output on my slides when I include them; there seems to be some kind of secret...

(Your code doesn't compile here, it dies with this message:

This is MetaPost, Version 0.641 (Web2C 7.5.4)
(p-mpgraph.mp
>> NOfPages-2
! Unknown relation will be considered false.
<to be read again>
                   )
l.118 if(NOfPages > 2)
and (PageNumber > 0): fraction := (PageNumber-1)/(NOf...

?

Thanks, and best

if you want access to those variables (some of them only make sense at pag ebuilding time) you need to say:
 LoadPageState ;

(this is done automatically in StartPage ... StopPage) Hans