Taco Hoekwater wrote:

Charles Doherty wrote:

Dear Hans,

Example 1 below causes TeX to hang and I have to abort the TeX run whereas Example 2 works when I omit \startlines / \stoplines and use \crlf. I have included the console readout for Example 1 below. I can get by with Example 2 but I thought I should let you know.

Hi Charles,

Current ConTeXt chokes on the use of \<space> within \startlines ...
\stoplines (that is a known bug). You need a workaround. This works
for the current example:

  \starttext

  Example 1

  And here is the sentence before
  \startnarrower[2*left,2*right]
  % Bugfix: redefinition on the next line
  \startlines \def\ { }
  A Somonour was ther with us in that place,

or, in page-lin.tex, fix:

\installspacehandler \v!off
 {\normalspaces
  \let\obeyedspace\normalspace