Stuart Jansen wrote:

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 21:52 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
I've added a custom font and defined symbols from it:

*snip*

This produces the right symbol. But I can't figure out how to use that
bullet in an itemized list. I don't think I can use \usesymbols because
in some lists I want the regular bullet, and in others I want the custom
bullet. Any tips would be appreciated.

see symb-mis.tex
\definesymbol [1] [{\symbol[bullet]}]
\definesymbol [2] [{\symbol[dash]}]

so
\definesymbol[1]{{\symbol[Glamocon Retrobats][GuruBullet]}}

\definesymbol[xx]{{\symbol[Glamocon Retrobats][GuruBullet]}}

For the benefit of anyone reading the archives, the solution requires a
\bgroup \egroup pair.

\starttext
%% Using custom bullet
\bgroup
\definesymbol[1][{$\diamond$}]
\startitemize[packed]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\stopitemize
\egroup
%% Using normal bullet
\startitemize[packed]
\item foo
\item bar
\item baz
\stopitemize
\starttext
it depends,

\definesymbol[11][{$\diamond$}]

\startitemize[11,packed]

does not need grouping; alternatively one can define a new itemgroup with its own symbols